About Make A Difference ( MAD )
Make A Difference (MAD) is a platform that empowers youth to become change leaders who drive positive impact and create self-sustaining communities. We are committed to provide equal opportunities for all children and our vision is that some day every child can learn and pursue their passion.
MAD is based in Bangalore, India and operating in 23 cities across the country. Today it is one of India’s largest youth volunteer networks. 1800 volunteers participate in our projects and work with over 4000 children in 80 centres.
Our projects aim to provide a positive learning ecosystem for children in order for them to regain confidence and start believing in themselves. We currently run an English Teaching, Library, Career Awareness and Personality Development Program.
Social Media Specialist – The Profile
We are looking for a social and interactive person with awesome communication skills and strong interest in social media stategies that make things go viral.
You will be at the forefront of social change by managing our blog and social media profiles and let the world know about MAD and our activities and programmes. You will use current social media and identify new trends to reach out to as much people as you can and inspire them to take action.
Social Media Specialist Job Description
- Develop, implement and manage MAD’s social media strategy.
- Create and manage a comprehensive social media messaging and activities calendar and ensure deadlines are met.
Social Media Management
- Daily management of MAD’s social media profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, YouTube, Pinterest and similar.
- Management and regular update of MAD Blog.
- Make MAD a huge force in social media by monitoring trends and best practices and implement them.
- Design and post creative and compelling content to all social media profiles such as blog posts, wall posts, tweets, videos, photos, infographics etc.
- Identify new and innovative ways to increase engagement of users on blog and social media platforms.
- Ensure that all MAD activities and events are documented and celebrated.
- Ensure consistency of messages across multiple profiles.
- Boost brand awareness by following MAD’s brand guidelines and brand aligned voice.
- Initiate conversations and engage in online dialogues with friends and followers on MAD’s online profiles.
- Answer all comments, questions and requests on MAD’s online profiles.
- Initiate action in online communities through advocacy, community-outreach efforts, promotions etc.
- Participate in online discussions and post on various relevant blogs and social networking sites.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Create metrics and monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media strategy.
- Collect data related to all social media and other online activity.
- Analyze effectiveness and impact of social media campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Provide regular feedback to PR Head and write reports.
Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- 1-2 years as PR Fellow or 1-2 years relevant working experience in online communication and social media.
Skills and Abilities
- Enthusiasm and passion for online communication and social media
- Expert knowledge of social networking channels
- Strong written communication skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to plan and meet with deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and ownership
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Social Media Specialist will report directly to the PR Head.
Remuneration / Salary
Rs. 3.4 lacs to Rs. 3.6 lacs per annum (to be defined)
Apply for Social Media Specialist
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter stating motivation to be part of MAD, as well as skills and abilities (max. 1 page)